Stanford University offers free courses, mainly in Computer Science. Most closely related to the topics of this blog and the heart of yours truely probably are some of the following :
- Probabilistic Graphical Models http://www.pgm-class.org/
- Game Theory http://www.game-theory-class.org/
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms I http://www.algo-class.org/
- Model Thinking http://www.modelthinker-class.org/
- Machine Learning http://jan2012.ml-class.org/
- Information Theory http://www.infotheory-class.org/
From the FAQs:
How much does it cost to take the course? Nothing: it’s free!
Will I get university credit for taking this course? No.
In a nutshell, I very much like the idea to attend courses because one is interested in the topic per se, not for grabbing a title. That’s the spirit.
Thanks for hints to Esther Wojcicki (teacher and journalist) via google+.