Posts Tagged Complexity
Complexity in the natural world is fascinating, don’t you think? In the most complex systems, we can look deeper to find a network of interacting elements. Little beings loving and dancing scientific hobscotch(?) using their tiny little brains to make the most wonderful things happen – TOGETHER.
Emergent properties in Complex systems and robotics explained by a hilly-billy guy with a funny (dutch?) accent – just made my day:
Top Posts & Pages
- RT @cosnet_bifi: In our last work, arxiv.org/abs/1807.05588, we explore the block nature of the matrix representation of multiplex networks… - 4 hours ago
- RT @ValaAfshar: closed mindset open mindset ——————— ——————— talking listening argumentative empathetic taking… - 1 week ago
- RT @phkaznowski: Vec2vec English to Cypher translation similar to Google translate? Awesome medium.com/octavian-ai/an… - 1 week ago
- RT @KoljaKleineberg: As a bonus for today's new paper ( arxiv.org/abs/1807.01190) I have created an infographic about geometric correlations… - 1 week ago
- RT @BioMickWatson: Important new game for kids to learn about life https://t.co/TmuEHN5JQJ - 1 month ago
- RT @PolakPolly: Yesterday I had to teach my students, in under 3 hours, what the EU was and why #Brexit was happening. It seemed like an im… - 2 months ago
- RT @KeithRParsons: RT if you ever had one of these… https://t.co/8BTTAw2vVy - 3 months ago
- RT @larsjuhljensen: This is insane. Elsevier monitoring #openscience? You've got to be kidding me! twitter.com/petermurrayrus… - 3 months ago
- N.O-T/MY-D/E.PA/R.T-ME-N/T. 2.9-C/3
- Augmented Life
- Weekend Science Videos: Views from and into the (night) sky above us
- The great ideas of biology
- Introductions to Graph Databases and Theory
- Beyond content searching: Google’s Knowledge Graph
- Happy birthday Richard !
- Weekend Music Video
- Engineering Connections in an Invisible World – a Crash Course
- Nobel Prize in Technology
- Play more …
- Happy StarWars Day!
TagCloud3D Access Algorithm Alignment Arduino Art Bayesian Berlin Bioinformatics Biology Books Cancer Cloud Code Complexity Crowd Data Design Docking Dynamics embedding Engineering Epigenetics Evolution Fiction Freedom Geometry Graph History HPC Humor Information Interaction Java Layout Learning Lego Literature Machine Math Models Molecular Music Mutations neo4J Networks Open parallel Photo Physics Presentation Processing Protein protein protein interaction Review Robots Science Sequence Sequencing Simulation Social Source StarWars State Statistics Structure Systems Teaching Technology Theory Video Visualisation
CC BY-NC-SA 3.0
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
If you don’t like it…
Saying that you don't understand it
meaning "I don't believe it -
it's too crazy!
- it's the kind of thing ...
I just ...
I'm not going to accept it!"
The other person
well this kind -
I hope you come along with me,
... you have to accept it.
Because it's the way nature works!
If you wanna know
the way nature works
we looked at it, carefully:
that's the way it looks!
You don't like it?
GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!
To another universe -
where the rules are simpler -
philosophically more pleasing -
more psychologically easy -
I can't help it, OK?!
If I am going to tell you honestly
what the world looks like
to human beings who struggled
as hard as they can
to understand it :
I can only tell you what it looks like,
and I cannot make it any simpler ...
I am not gonna do this.
I am not gonna simplify it.
I am not gonna fake it.
I am not gonna tell you
it looks something like
a ball bearing on a spring -
So I am gonna tell you
what it really is like
and if you don't like it
THAT'S TOO BAD!
Richard P. Feynman,
QED Lecture@University of Auckland