Posts Tagged Freedom
On January 18, 2012, sites all over the internet will be blacking out to protest and try to mobilize more people to speak out against this bill coming up in the Senate next week — S. 968: the Protect IP Act (PIPA) — in an attempt to let U.S. lawmakers know how much opposition there is. [WordPress.com News]
Unfortunately, this is really no hype – just recently I heard highly-paid, no-nonsense corporate lawyers on the topic saying they’d recommend their clients to basically shut down most of their internet-presence immediately in case this bill passes, just to be sure not to be sued to the bones. Ruling by fear, that is….
A video on the topic is on http://fightforthefuture.org/pipa/
Please see this post from last year on how the story developed.
Top Posts & Pages
- RT @vtraag: The new Leiden algorithm ( arxiv.org/abs/1810.08473) is now also available as Python package (implemented in C++): https://t.co/d… - 4 hours ago
- RT @NetworkFact: Open problems in graph theory openproblemgarden.org/category/graph… - 2 weeks ago
- RT @scihub_love: The latest Sci-Hub working domain(Last check time:2018-09-27 01:10:01) sci-hub.win sci-hub.is htt… - 3 weeks ago
- RT @The_UnSilent_: One of the most jam packed, informative and on task minute protests I’ve ever seen👌🏻https://t.co/2KoV5ef5RK - 4 weeks ago
- RT @paulblaser: "Let’s Think in Graphs: Introduction to Graph Theory and its Applications using Python" analyticsvidhya.com/blog/2018/09/i… - 1 month ago
- RT @peteskomoroch: "A better definition of marketing" - @acroll medium.com/@acroll… https://t.co/6dz00d8H52 - 1 month ago
- RT @DataSciFact: Periodic table of visualization methods visual-literacy.org/periodic_table… - 1 month ago
- RT @gabrielpeyre: Oldies but goldies: William Thomas Tutte, How to draw a graph, 1963. Shows how to embed a planar graph in 2-D by solving… - 2 months ago
- N.O-T/MY-D/E.PA/R.T-ME-N/T. 2.9-C/3
- Augmented Life
- Weekend Science Videos: Views from and into the (night) sky above us
- The great ideas of biology
- Introductions to Graph Databases and Theory
- Beyond content searching: Google’s Knowledge Graph
- Happy birthday Richard !
- Weekend Music Video
- Engineering Connections in an Invisible World – a Crash Course
- Nobel Prize in Technology
- Play more …
- Happy StarWars Day!
TagCloud3D Access Algorithm Alignment Arduino Art Bayesian Berlin Bioinformatics Biology Books Cancer Cloud Code Complexity Crowd Data Design Docking Dynamics embedding Engineering Epigenetics Evolution Fiction Freedom Geometry Graph History HPC Humor Information Interaction Java Layout Learning Lego Literature Machine Math Models Molecular Music Mutations neo4J Networks Open parallel Photo Physics Presentation Processing Protein protein protein interaction Review Robots Science Sequence Sequencing Simulation Social Source StarWars State Statistics Structure Systems Teaching Technology Theory Video Visualisation
CC BY-NC-SA 3.0
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
If you don’t like it…
Saying that you don't understand it
meaning "I don't believe it -
it's too crazy!
- it's the kind of thing ...
I just ...
I'm not going to accept it!"
The other person
well this kind -
I hope you come along with me,
... you have to accept it.
Because it's the way nature works!
If you wanna know
the way nature works
we looked at it, carefully:
that's the way it looks!
You don't like it?
GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!
To another universe -
where the rules are simpler -
philosophically more pleasing -
more psychologically easy -
I can't help it, OK?!
If I am going to tell you honestly
what the world looks like
to human beings who struggled
as hard as they can
to understand it :
I can only tell you what it looks like,
and I cannot make it any simpler ...
I am not gonna do this.
I am not gonna simplify it.
I am not gonna fake it.
I am not gonna tell you
it looks something like
a ball bearing on a spring -
So I am gonna tell you
what it really is like
and if you don't like it
THAT'S TOO BAD!
Richard P. Feynman,
QED Lecture@University of Auckland