Posts Tagged Theory
Stanford University offers free courses, mainly in Computer Science. Most closely related to the topics of this blog and the heart of yours truely probably are some of the following :
- Probabilistic Graphical Models http://www.pgm-class.org/
- Game Theory http://www.game-theory-class.org/
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms I http://www.algo-class.org/
- Model Thinking http://www.modelthinker-class.org/
- Machine Learning http://jan2012.ml-class.org/
- Information Theory http://www.infotheory-class.org/
From the FAQs:
How much does it cost to take the course? Nothing: it’s free!
Will I get university credit for taking this course? No.
In a nutshell, I very much like the idea to attend courses because one is interested in the topic per se, not for grabbing a title. That’s the spirit.
Thanks for hints to Esther Wojcicki (teacher and journalist) via google+.