Archive for August, 2012
A message from space to our blue marble:
And here is the executive summary: “Our Story in 1 Minute” (somewhat reminiscent of the BigBangTheory Intro Sequence) by melodysheep
You are currently browsing the archives for August, 2012
Top Posts & Pages
- Nostalgia Isn't What It Used to Be ... twitter.com/jcsrb/status/8… - 5 days ago
- If you don't like it : go somewhere else! twitter.com/zoomyous/statu… - 1 week ago
- RT @MetaFluidics_EU: With @Metafluidics_EU @CNC is characterizing new bacterial isolates from #extreme environments to search for new activ… - 1 week ago
- RT @neuroecology: How do you get these beautifully-looping images from "noise"? Draw noise from N+2 dimensions, and loop in a circle throug… - 2 weeks ago
- RT @ricard_sole: Chromosomes define the higher scale of genomic organisation. Here's a complex network approximation to their logic and org… - 3 weeks ago
- RT @hardmaru: A Visual Guide to Evolution Strategies blog.otoro.net/2017/10/29/vis… https://t.co/AvkjBOiWJR - 1 month ago
- RT @genetics_blog: Alignment-free sequence comparison: benefits, applications, and tools genomebiology.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.11… up-to-date tool list https… - 2 months ago
- RT @randal_olson: The #Python Graph Gallery: Useful for discovering and learning how to code #dataviz in Python. python-graph-gallery.com h… - 2 months ago
- N.O-T/MY-D/E.PA/R.T-ME-N/T. 2.9-C/3
- Augmented Life
- Weekend Science Videos: Views from and into the (night) sky above us
- The great ideas of biology
- Introductions to Graph Databases and Theory
- Beyond content searching: Google’s Knowledge Graph
- Happy birthday Richard !
- Weekend Music Video
- Engineering Connections in an Invisible World – a Crash Course
- Nobel Prize in Technology
- Play more …
- Happy StarWars Day!
TagCloud3D Access Algorithm Alignment Arduino Art Bayesian Berlin Bioinformatics Biology Books Cancer Cloud Code Complexity Crowd Data Design Docking Dynamics embedding Engineering Epigenetics Evolution Fiction Freedom Geometry Graph History HPC Humor Information Interaction Java Layout Learning Lego Literature Machine Math Models Molecular Music Mutations neo4J Networks Open parallel Photo Physics Presentation Processing Protein protein protein interaction Review Robots Science Sequence Sequencing Simulation Social Source StarWars State Statistics Structure Systems Teaching Technology Theory Video Visualisation
CC BY-NC-SA 3.0
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
If you don’t like it…
Saying that you don't understand it
meaning "I don't believe it -
it's too crazy!
- it's the kind of thing ...
I just ...
I'm not going to accept it!"
The other person
well this kind -
I hope you come along with me,
... you have to accept it.
Because it's the way nature works!
If you wanna know
the way nature works
we looked at it, carefully:
that's the way it looks!
You don't like it?
GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!
To another universe -
where the rules are simpler -
philosophically more pleasing -
more psychologically easy -
I can't help it, OK?!
If I am going to tell you honestly
what the world looks like
to human beings who struggled
as hard as they can
to understand it :
I can only tell you what it looks like,
and I cannot make it any simpler ...
I am not gonna do this.
I am not gonna simplify it.
I am not gonna fake it.
I am not gonna tell you
it looks something like
a ball bearing on a spring -
So I am gonna tell you
what it really is like
and if you don't like it
THAT'S TOO BAD!
Richard P. Feynman,
QED Lecture@University of Auckland